Monday, July 28, 2008

Here is the mall that my mom used to work at. Last time I was here, a few years ago, it was really desolate inside, but it has filled up pretty well with a lot of stores and stuff. It still even smelled the same, and the flooring was the same too. I remember when I was little, I would jump around on the patterns on the floor. The mall allways seemed so big to me, but it really isn't that big. It was fun to see again.
This is the church we went to. I used to slide down those railings by the stairs. I can remember playing with my friend Heather on the grass right there too.

This gas station looks like any old gas station now, but it didn't use to be a gas station. It was called the Hitching Post. It was a little store that we used to stop by on our way into Rock Springs, about 3 miles from our house. It never sold gas before we moved from Wyoming. It just looked like a little western building. It is weird to see that they changed it. Here is our lovely little house that I grew up in. The house part, was a double wide mobile home, and then my parents later built onto the back of it, and put 2 bedrooms and a living room, plus a basement with the storage room, coal furnace room, and my parents master bedroom with a bathroom and walkin closet. The 3 door garage you see was also built on by my parents. I helped build the tresses for it when I was probably 11 or 12. Our yard was one of the prettiest yards also in the neighborhood. It doesn't look as awsome as it used to, but someone has been fixing it up, and it is looking a lot better than it did a few years ago. The front porch is different also. We had an awning covering the front dooor, and a porch swing. If I find some old pictures I will have to post them and show the difference. I liked it much better before, but I am thankfull that someone is living in it now, and making it look nice again. For a long time it was abandoned and run down, and condemed actually. That broke my heart, but I am feeling better about it now. So many fun memories here, when I was a little girl. That tree in the front was planted by my parents, and I used to go and talk to it, because I was told it was good for plants to be talked to, because they breath our oxogen. If you click on the picture and look closer at it, you will see the railroad ties in the front, that my parents put in also. They had a bunch of plants and flowers in the railroad ties and it looked so pretty. Somewhere in the side walk next to the porch, we all have our hand prints in it too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: