Monday, July 28, 2008

The rest of our little home.

The left side of our home, where you see the red fencing, was actually our root cellar. We had a pasture next to it also, and a few horses. I miss the country so much!!!! Living here in the suburbs has been a major adjustment for me. I hope someday, Chris and my family will be able to buy a good peice of property like this. It is just so peacefull in wyoming. I know its not the prettiest land, but even 15 years later, it is still so quiet and relaxing. They don't worry about all the negativity that we have in the cities. Their news covers, how much their produce and cattle stock are going to be at the time. It was so great to get a way from all the busyness around here.
This last picture is the senery that you see from my old house area. In the distance is the beginning of the largest moving sand mass in the united states. The sand dunes go on for miles, and they are so fun!!! They aren't anything compared to the ones here in Utah. I will get some pictures of us when we were little at the sand dunes and post them. Also in the distance is Bores tusk, it sticks out of the ground, and is really interesting looking. I couldn't get a good shot of either of them, so if you are ever in RockSprings Wyoming, go down yellowstone road, and you will see them in the distance. Bores tusk is an inactive volcano. It suprises me that wyoming is so desolate, because it has a lot of really cool landmarks.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

VeNicia said...

So true. Much more peace to be found in the country, huh? I'm glad you got a nice break =o)